Sunday, September 27, 2009

How Does Going "Minimalist " Mean Buying More Shoes?!


When I'm not barefoot these days, I'm usually either wearing my VFFs or my red suede Vivo Barefoots, which have an "ultra thin puncture resistant sole" to mimic barefoot walking.They've been very comfortable, and easy to walk in when I'm specifically trying to walk with a neutral arch. The only problem is that neither of these will work for professional events, and wearing heels right now can get rather painful in a very short time.  But guess what I just found on the Vivo Barefoot site?! They're selling boots! I've always wanted a pair of boots but have never been able to justify the cost. But these boots would be both good for my feet and would be potentially suitable for getting dressed up during the winter months. Or would they? They might look too casual since they have no heel. Hmm. I'm not likely to run out and grab them right away, but well, let's just say I'm keeping my eye on them.

We just got back from our first time cycling the full loop around Lake WA - 58 miles in just under 4 hours. It was a good ride and the ankle didn't bother me at all. So whatever happened last weekend (fortunately) seems to have been something of a fluke. It did hurt for a few minutes after I got off the bike, but that has happened after several of our long rides. Glad that was it, though. It was a beautiful, crisp sunny fall day, and the ride felt great!

1 comment:

  1. Fashion is pretty flexible these days - it's perfectly acceptable to wear a pair of flat boots as office attire or professional wear. In my humble opinion! Heels are no needed to dress them up, the black does that. :D)

    ReplyDelete