Sunday, March 28, 2010

Feb-Mar Rebuilding

I spent Feb and March slowly building up my mileage (2.5 miles, mixed in with 3s and 3.5 up to a 4, then a 5 in early March, 5.5-6 in mid March) and getting some more cycling miles in. No training goals, just trying to rebuild the running and cycling stamina. I'm running entirely in the VFFs now.

The plantar fasciitis seems to have completely resolved, though the ankle pain lingers. Fortunately, it is coming later and later in my runs, but still I'm looking forward to figuring out how to make it go away. I ran a 7 miler this morning, but in miles 6-7 I definitely had to stop and futz with the ankle a bit to make it to the end of the run (and by futz I mean do ankle circles, and just generally rub on/pound on the sore area). It's like I'm trying to push whatever is out of place back into place long enough to finish the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment